Find Local Attorneys for Criminal Defense in Pekin IL
The consequences of a crime, no matter the severity, can be significant and long-reaching. Prosecutors will look to charge you to the fullest extent of the law without understanding your side of a case. Thus, you need criminal defense in Pekin IL so you can have your voice heard. You have a right to legal representation, and Essig Law Office is ready to provide you with sound and secure legal counsel.
How We Can Help
The father and son duo of Dean and Dustin Essig know what it takes to defend your case. We have experience handling dozens of criminal charges throughout Central Illinois, and we’re ready to put our knowledge and skill to the test for your defense.
- Traffic Tickets – After receiving a traffic ticket, don’t let that be the end of it! While not the most harmful of criminal offenses, too many traffic violations can begin to impact your driving record negatively. Don’t let simple driving mistakes cost you thousands in fines and potentially restrict your driving ability. Allow our team to step in and defend you in traffic court.
- DUIs – While also a part of traffic law, DUIs are outside your typical traffic violation. However, depending on your traffic stop, your treatment during arrest, or being a first-time offense, there can be room for negotiation. Our legal team will analyze your DUI stop and present the best possible options for reducing sentencing or dropping charges.
- Theft & Burglary – The severity of charges related to theft are all dependent on the manner of the crime and the amount of property stolen. But if you go without criminal defense in Pekin IL, you risk high fines and potential jail time, the maximum sentencing. Instead, allow an attorney to negotiate on your behalf.
- Drug Crimes – If charged with a drug crime, it means you were either caught using, selling, possessing or transporting a significant amount of an illegal substance. However, it’s worth noting that punishments to some drug charges can be considered harsh for first-time offenders or over the extent of the crime. An attorney can work with prosecutors to strike a plea bargain for more reasonable sentencing in such cases.
- Violent Crimes – A violent crime is always considered a serious offense. However, there are varying degrees to its severity. For example, courts treat assault charges much differently than homicide cases. And whether or not guns or other weapons are involved can quickly change charges and sentencing. Thus, to best understand the extent of your case and the best path forward, you need a lawyer.
Call Our Office
If you need legal assistance beyond criminal defense for Pekin IL, Essig Law Office is happy to oblige. Whether family law, bankruptcy law, real estate law or other legal woes, our team is ready and able to assist. To learn more about our legal process or to schedule a free consultation, call today at 309-444-8041. Also, we are located at 135 Washington Square, Washington, IL 61571.