Don’t Let Traffic Violations Get the Best of You: Hire a Traffic Lawyer for Pekin IL
If there’s one takeaway from your driving lessons in high school, it’s the incredible amount of laws you must abide by while on the road. And while we do our best as responsible drivers to consider every rule, we can sometimes forget or make mistakes. However, simple mistakes or accidents shouldn’t dictate your driving for the rest of your life. To protect yourself from the harshest penalties of traffic violations, you need a traffic lawyer for Pekin IL. And Essig Law Office can be this lawyer for you.
The Consequences of a Traffic Violation
It might seem easier to take the traffic ticket and pay the fine. However, traffic violations can affect you negatively in more ways than a “one-and-done” fee.
- Increased Insurance Costs
- After an accident where you’re accused of being at fault, it can be tempting to take the fine and move on. However, such accidents can significantly raise your insurance premiums. Overall, you end up paying more than the cost of a fine. Ensuring an accident doesn’t leave a mark on your record, thus affecting your insurance, is something an attorney can do.
- Blemishes on Driving Record
- Speaking of driving records, you can quickly rack up points if you aren’t careful. For each traffic offense you are convicted of, it adds more points to your driving record. And the more points you accumulate, the higher the likelihood of receiving severe penalties for future infractions. Whether it’s a steeper fine, a suspended license or jail time, you don’t want to keep adding points to your record.
- Inability to Drive
- Depending on the severity of a violation or the number of violations you have, you might have your driver’s license suspended. In many cases, a suspension can be devastating to the livelihood of an individual. Many people make their money from driving, or at the least can work their job because they can commute. Thus, we work diligently to ensure license reinstatement in such unfortunate cases.
Additional Legal Assistance
Besides acting as a traffic lawyer for Pekin IL, Essig Law Office has the experience and education to handle various other legal practices. For example, the father and son attorney duo of Dean and Dustin Essig has handled cases involving:
Call Our Office
Get ahead of any traffic violation you might receive when you hire the services of a traffic lawyer for Pekin IL. Contact Essig Law Office today at 309-444-8041 to schedule a free consultation. Also, we are located at 135 Washington Square, Washington, IL 61571.