Count On a Local Defense Team for Felonies in Pekin IL
If you are facing potential charges of felonies in Pekin IL, now’s the time to take action. Without professional legal guidance from a trained criminal attorney, you risk facing a maximum sentence, including steep fines and possible jail time. However, with a lawyer on your side, your legal options open up. To determine how best to handle your felony case, count on a local defense team for the Greater Peoria area: Essig Law Office.
What Effect Does a Felony Conviction Have?
If you don’t believe hiring an attorney is worth the extra cost, you might want to reconsider. Felony convictions can have long-lasting consequences on your life and personal freedoms. Without assistance from a defense attorney for your felony case, here’s how a conviction might affect you:
- Financial Loss – The cost of penalties for most felony charges can be fairly steep. Some of the harshest fines can go as high as $25,000. And if you aren’t prepared to pay such a debt, these fines can be financially devastating.
- Jail Time – In Illinois, felonies come with the risk of possible jail time. Penalties can range from as little as one year to as much as 30 years. In either case, serving time puts your life on pause, negatively impacting you and your loved ones.
- Employment – With a felony on your record, you might find it more challenging to secure employment. Employers have a legal right to inquire about potential previous charges, to which they can then deny your application.
- Property Purchase or Rental – As is the same with some employers, property owners or landlords can turn down your requests for rental or purchase if they uncover previous felonies on your record.
- Child Custody – If you are caught in the middle of a child custody battle between you and the other parent, a judge is likely to weigh heavily on the side of the parent without previous felony convictions.
- Additional Loss of Rights – Felony convictions in Illinois can also lead to the loss of rights such as gun ownership, voting rights, the ability to participate in state and federal welfare programs, and more.
The Legal Support You Need
The Essig Law Office team will help you manage potential felonies for Pekin IL in several ways. We first analyze your case to determine the best legal route forward. Depending on the options available, we may help you negotiate a plea deal or take your case in front of a judge. Our end goal is to help you achieve the best possible outcome for your case with dropped or reduced charges. However, if such resolutions aren’t possible, we will help you manage the fallout of a felony conviction.
Or, if criminal defense isn’t what you require, our other legal practices include:
Call Our Office
Seek out the best legal solution to charges of felonies in Pekin IL with help from Essig Law Office. Contact us today at 309-444-8041 for a free consultation. Also, our office is located at 135 Washington Square, Washington, IL 61571.