Hurt at Work? Pursue Workers’ Compensation in Washington IL
If an injury is severe enough, it can put you and your family’s well-being at risk. Recovery periods might be long, and missed work/medical bills can drain you financially. However, if your injury occurred at work, you have an avenue towards receiving compensation. If interested in pursuing workers’ compensation in Washington IL, talk with the team at Essig Law Office. We’ll help you receive the support you deserve.
Reasons for Filing for Workers’ Comp
While there are a few exceptions to the rule, most work-related injuries are covered under Illinois workers’ compensation law. For example, you can file for benefits if you experience any of the following:
- Injuries such as broken bones, torn ligaments, concussions, etc.
- Repetitive stress injuries resulting from daily work tasks
- On-the-job injuries that worsen pre-existing conditions
- Injuries resulting in long-term disabilities or loss of life
Why Might You Need an Attorney?
If most of the claim process is done through a workers’ compensation insurance company, do you require an attorney? The short answer: yes! A workers’ compensation lawyer from Essig Law Office will ensure you receive the compensation you are owed. Reasons you might need an attorney include:
- Dealing with Insurance Companies – Insurance companies for workers’ comp claims employ attorneys who help keep benefit payouts low, sometimes to the detriment of injured workers. Hiring an attorney yourself allows you to argue for receiving maximum compensation for your work-related injury.
- Completing Your Filing – Workers’ comp insurance claims aren’t always the most straightforward. Especially for injuries involving pre-existing conditions or repetitive stress injuries, there can be enough legal grey area for a company to deny your claim. So, to ensure your claim is thorough and filed correctly, allow an attorney to help.
- Ensuring Fair Treatment – Unfortunately, some employers are “less than reasonable” with employees after filing a workers’ compensation claim. However, an employer cannot discriminate against employees who wish to pursue compensation under Illinois law. If you feel your employer is mistreating you after a filing, an attorney can fight for your rights.
Additional Legal Services
Workers’ compensation in Washington IL or the surrounding communities can be challenging. However, it isn’t the only legal issue you might face. Whether purchasing a home, wanting a divorce, or fighting criminal charges, you need a reliable legal team to represent your side of a case. Thankfully, Dean and Dustin Essig, the father and son attorney duo at Essig Law, can assist with various legal practices, such as:
Give Us a Call
If suffering from a work-related injury, ensure you receive appropriate workers’ compensation in Washington IL with help from Essig Law Office. To learn more about our services or request a consultation, call us at 309-444-8041. Also, we are located at 135 Washington Square, Washington, IL 61571.