Managing Claims for Workers’ Compensation in Pekin IL? Essig Law can Help!
It can be challenging enough to contend with a severe injury. And if the accident resulting in your injury occurred at work, that can add another layer of complexity to your situation. Thankfully, workers’ compensation in Pekin IL is available to those suffering from a work-related injury. To ensure you receive the compensation you deserve from an employer or workers’ comp insurance, hire the professionals at Essig Law Office.
Injuries Covered Under Workers’ Comp
Illinois workers’ compensation law works to restore any medical costs, attorney fees, and lost wages resulting from a workplace injury. However, not every injury qualifies for workers’ comp. Typically, your claim can be denied if an injury was due to your own negligence or impairment or occurred while you weren’t on the clock. Otherwise, you have a right to compensation with injuries such as:
- Broken Bones
- Herniated Disks
- Slip and Falls
- Heart Attacks
- Carpal Tunnel
- Exasperated Pre-Existing Conditions
- Chronic Pain
- And More
How Our Team Can Help
The workers’ comp claim process can be long and complicated without proper legal guidance. Thus, having an attorney to assist with workers’ compensation in Pekin IL is crucial. Our team can assist with matters including:
- Determining Appropriate Compensation – We can help determine total expenses lost due to an injury and ensure your claim reflects a suitable coverage amount.
- Talking with Insurers – Most workers’ compensation claims go through insurance companies specializing in workers’ comp. If worried an insurer will undercut or deny your claim, allow an attorney to handle negotiations.
- Protecting Against Retaliation – Unfortunately, some employers aren’t friendly to those seeking rightful compensation. If you feel discriminated against or retaliated against after filing a claim, reach out to our attorneys.
- Appealing Denied Claims – If you submitted a claim only to have it denied, talk with Essig Law. We will help you prepare an appeal and ensure your claim has everything necessary for insurers to accept it.
- Establishing a Link – In an attempt to block coverage, an employer may deny an injury occurred in the workplace. When hiring Essig Law, we will help you establish a clear link between your injury and your work that your employer or insurance cannot deny.
Contact Our Office
Physical pain and hurt can be challenging to overcome. However, with support from workers’ compensation in Pekin IL, you can at least ensure your recovery is financially covered. Contact Essig Law Office today at 309-444-8041 to schedule a consultation with a workers’ comp attorney. Also, we are located at 135 Washington Square, Washington, IL 61571.