The Importance of Estate Planning in Peoria IL
As we begin a new chapter in our lives and look forward to what’s ahead. And, it’s best to be prepared for any scenario. For example, if a sudden accident or illness were to befall you or a loved one, you’d want to know everything was taken care of in the event things take a turn for the worse. It’s perhaps something we don’t want to think about, but a need we must take seriously. Estate planning for Peoria IL and anywhere else is crucial to do, and Essig Law Office can help you get started.
The father and son duo at Essig Law Office has been serving Woodford and Tazewell County residents for the past 40 years. We are passionate about our work and dedicate ourselves to seeing you get the best results from your case. And when it comes to estate planning, we ensure you see all your wants and desires accounted for.
Why Bother with Estate Planning?
Why is estate planning something you should worry about now? Death is rather dark to think about, and you should only worry about living your best life, right? While we agree discussions on your or someone’s passing aren’t going to be lighthearted, estate planning is the responsible thing to do for you and your family.
- Protect Your Assets and Avoid Disputes
- With no clear plan in place for where your assets should go upon your death, you invite the local courts to decide for you and your family’s behalf (through probate). Instead, you can set up wills and trusts through estate planning, laying out clear instructions on how your assets are dealt with. This avoids state intervention and helps settle any potential disputes in your family before they arise.
- Look Out for Your Family’s Future
- When you leave a spouse or children behind, you must be sure they are taken care of in your absence. With estate planning, this is precisely what you’re doing. Our attorneys can help minimize taxation on your estate and ensure your assets go to those you wish to receive them. And if you’re worried about a young beneficiary not appropriately utilizing their share, you can place their inheritance in a trust. A trust allows you to dictate parameters under which your assets can be used and distributed.
- Support for Generations to Come
- No matter your amount of wealth, estate planning is the best way to help your family grow for generations to come. Our lawyers use our knowledge of the legal system to maximize the number of assets and finances you can pass down upon your departure. We help you assist the next generation of your family so they, in turn, can do the same. And so, estate planning is meant to create a cycle of support for each new generation.
We Meet Your Legal Needs
Once we’ve helped you and your family with estate planning in Peoria IL, there are a variety of other legal matters we can guide you through. From issues in your family to financial troubles, we can provide appropriate legal counsel. For example, our practice areas include:
Talk with Our Team
There’s never a wrong time to start preparing for the unknown. Through estate planning in Peoria IL, Essig Law Office can set you on the right track. Call us today at 309-444-8041 to schedule a free consultation. Also, we are located at 135 Washington Square, Washington, IL 61571.