Simplify Your Legal Separation with Divorce Lawyers for Peoria IL
As life progresses, sometimes you and your spouse can grow apart. While such is an unfortunate truth, it makes less sense to stay in a relationship where one or both parties are no longer happy. Moreover, if you cannot seem to reconcile your differences, it might be time to consider a divorce. No matter how you view it, divorce proceedings can be challenging, taking their toll on all parties involved. However, with the assistance of divorce lawyers in Peoria IL, that process can be made a little easier. To discuss a potential legal separation, talk with the team at Essig Law Office.
How a Lawyer Can Help
When emotions are already running high, it can be challenging to organize all the details of your divorce. That’s why Essig Law is here to help. With your input, we can help guide divorce proceedings to ensure we reach as positive an outcome for your side as possible. Throughout the process, your attorney will assist with:
- Property and Debt Division
- Illinois is an “equitable division state,” where marital property and debt are divided based on factors like contribution, value, the length of the marriage, etc. As such, it can get a bit confusing when dividing everything accurately. Thankfully, Essig Law can help with property division. We start by accounting for all marital assets, determining everything’s value, and ensuring each party receives their fair share per Illinois law.
- Child Custody
- Your children’s health, care and safety are of the utmost importance. However, child custody and visitation rights might be in question during a contested divorce. Essig Law will first attempt to reach an agreement that both parties can find acceptable and is the most beneficial to the children. But, if custody can’t be agreed on, it’s up to a court to decide. In such cases, our lawyers work to prove your side of a custody arrangement to be in your children’s best interest.
- Legal Support
- While divorce lawyers for Peoria IL do everything in their power to avoid taking your separation to court, some disputes cannot be avoided. Furthermore, if your case does proceed to this stage, it’s crucial to have an attorney represent your side. Otherwise, your spouse might reap all the benefits of a separation. As such, our team will fight diligently to ensure the best possible outcome for your divorce case.
Answering Your Most Important Questions
Understandably, you’re going to have many questions about the divorce process. That’s why Essig Law is here to help! Every divorce case is different, each with its unique challenges. For all your most pressing questions, Essig Law has the answers. Examples of questions we hear from our clients include:
- What happens to home equity when you divorce?
- How do courts enforce alimony payments?
- Is your inheritance subject to the distribution of a divorce?
- What expenses does child support cover?
- And more
If you’ve decided a legal separation is your last best course of action, ensure it’s implemented accurately and with care with help from divorce lawyers for Peoria IL. Give the legal professionals at Essig Law Office a call. You can contact us at 309-444-8041 to schedule a free consultation. We are located at 135 Washington Square, Washington, IL 61571.