Top Benefits of Hiring Divorce Lawyers in Metamora IL
Work toward the best possible resolution of your marital difficulties with Essig Law divorce lawyers in Metamora IL. Divorces can cost a lot emotionally and financially. However, qualified and experienced divorce attorneys can take some of the stress out of the divorce process. If you are considering representing yourself, you may want to rethink your decision, especially if your spouse hires a lawyer. Divorce lawyers can help with the following:
- Providing explanations and requirements of divorce law
- Offering objective advice to difficult matters
- Maintaining an inventory of marital assets
- Delivering explanations about property division
- Structuring debt repayment plans
- Determining spousal and child support plans
- Assisting with child custody agreements
- Preparing divorce papers and other legal documents
- Negotiating settlements
- Representing you during court proceedings
If you are going through a divorce, you do not need to go through these hard times on your own. Lean on Essig Law divorce lawyers for assistance during each step of the divorce process. Contact us now to consult with attorneys with 40 years of experience in handling Woodford County divorce cases.
Objective Advice During a Difficult Situation
It is easy to make a tactical mistake during an emotionally charged time such as a divorce when you represent yourself. After all, the divorce process brings up many difficult memories and emotions. The future of your family, finances, and property rests with decisions you make during a divorce. Thus, it is important to make rational, clear-headed choices during divorce negotiations. Get the advice you need to achieve the best possible outcome for your situation with Essig Law divorce lawyers in Metamora IL.
Assistance with Determining Spousal Support
You can get the help you need to determine whether a spouse is entitled or should pay spousal support with divorce lawyers in Metamora IL. There are many different factors to consider when it comes to determining spousal support agreements. These factors include some of the following:
- Spouses have substantially different income levels
- A spouse sacrificed his or her career to advance the other spouse’s career
- One spouse could be entitled to interest on profits from a business the other spouse runs
- A spouse may be entitled to a part of the other spouse’s Social Security or pension income
Accounting for Marital Property and Assets
During some divorce cases, a spouse may try to hide marital assets or do things to damage the financial future of the other spouse. When that happens, one spouse could receive significantly less than the amount entitled. However, you can avoid that sort of problem with the help of Essig Law divorce lawyers in Metamora IL. Our father-son team of attorneys can collect records and locate assets and liabilities. That way, a fair divorce settlement can be reached.
Consult with Divorce Lawyers in Metamora IL
Take some of the stress and emotions out of the divorce process with the help of Essig Law divorce lawyers in Metamora IL. Call 309-354-3898 to schedule a free initial consultation. If you prefer, you can also contact us electronically to discuss your case. In addition to divorce cases, our attorneys also specialize in bankruptcy, criminal defense, family law, personal injury, real estate law, workers’ compensation, and estate planning.