Resolve Disputes with Child Custody Attorneys in Washington IL
Divorce may be difficult for you and your soon-to-be ex-spouse. However, family separation is always the hardest for the youngest members of your family. Helping your children understand what is happening is key to as smooth a transition as possible. Moreover, settling any disputes over child custody is of the utmost importance for you and your kids. By hiring the right child custody attorneys in Washington IL, you can be sure to do what’s best for your children. Allow Essig Law Office to assist you with your child custody battle.
Essig Law Office puts your children above all else when dealing with a divorce. We understand how hard a family separation can be on your kids, so we do everything in our power to ensure as smooth a transition as possible. Dean and Dustin Essig, the father and son attorney duo, take great care when addressing your case. The safety and wellbeing of your child is our highest priority. Throughout the legalities of your divorce, we will always help you do what is best for your children.
When Do You Need a Child Custody Attorney?
Not every separation requires a child custody attorney to be present. Often, divorce proceedings can go forward with a fair custody scenario agreed upon by both parents. However, the moment you begin to have issues, it’s wise to get an attorney involved.
- Terms are Always Changing – At first, you believe you and your ex-spouse agree on custody and visitation arrangements. The next day, they are trying to cut you out of your children’s lives. Hire an attorney to ensure this doesn’t occur.
- Complications – Some custody battles are trickier than others. For example, you may be trying to figure custody or visitation parameters across state lines or over significant distances. As soon as figuring out how custody should work becomes complicated, call your local lawyer.
- Arguments over Support – Perhaps you and your spouse disagree on what’s fair in terms of child support. Or, the other party is refusing or neglecting to put in their fair share. Whatever the case may be, allow an attorney to step in and resolve it.
- Endangerment – Everyone always wants what’s best for your children. To that end, if you believe the other parent is neglecting, mistreating or putting your kids in harm’s way, you need to act fast. Call on a custody lawyer to discuss the safety of your children.
- Life Adjustments – Perhaps your custody arrangements have worked for you for some time. However, what if your ex-spouse plans on moving or remarrying? Are you going to have to discuss new terms for custody and visitation? If so, allow an attorney to help make any new agreements official.
- Discussing Your Child’s Future – You and your ex-spouse may have different ideas on how your children should be raised. It is only natural to disagree on something as important as your child’s future. Instead, have a lawyer step in to help make arrangements both you and your ex can be confident in.
Local Experience You Can Count On
At Essig Law Office, we take great strides to ensure the best possible life for you and your children. Additionally, this goal goes beyond what child custody attorneys in Washington IL can do for you. As such, we offer other legal services to make sure you are always treated fairly by the law and others. For example, we cover cases such as:
Stop by Our Office
Whether you need child custody attorneys in Washington IL, or you require other local legal services, Essig Law Office can offer the legal assistance you need. Call us today at 309-300-3846 to request a free consultation. Also, we are located at 135 Washington Square, Washington, IL 61571.